Staying updated with current affairs is crucial for anyone who wants to be well-informed. Whether you're preparing for a competitive exam or simply want to know what's happening around the world, this blog post will cover the most important current affairs of October 12, 2023. Let's dive in!
Operation Ajay: Evacuating Indian Nationals from Israel
- India has initiated Operation Ajay to safely evacuate its citizens from Israel due to ongoing regional conflicts.
- Special charter flights are being arranged for this purpose.
- A 24-hour Control Room has been set up to monitor the situation and assist Indian nationals.
Animated Series "Krish, Trish, And Baltiboy – Bharat Hain Hum" Launched
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur unveiled the trailer for an animated series aimed at educating the youth about lesser-known freedom fighters.
- The series consists of 52 episodes and is produced by the Central Bureau of Communication and Graphiti Studios.
IMF's 2.5% Growth Forecast for Pakistan
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has maintained a 2.5% growth forecast for Pakistan.
- This projection is higher than those from other international financial institutions like the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
SEBI Investigates Adani-Gulf Ties
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is investigating the relationship between the Adani Group and the Gulf Asia Trade & Investment fund.
- The probe aims to determine whether there have been violations of share ownership regulations.
World Sight Day 2023
- Observed on the second Thursday of October, this year's theme is ‘Love Your Eyes at Work.’
- The day aims to raise awareness about vision impairment and blindness.
MRPL Wins 'Best Innovation in Refinery' Award
- Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd (MRPL) received the award for the year 2022-23.
- The award was presented at the 26th Energy Technology Meet 2023 in New Delhi.
New National Record in 100m Sprint
- Manikanta H Hoblidhar set a new national record in the men’s 100m category at the 62nd National Open Athletics Championships 2023.
- He completed the sprint with a remarkable timing of 10.23 seconds.
Rohit Sharma's Fastest World Cup Century
- Rohit Sharma scored the fastest century by an Indian in World Cup history.
- He completed his hundred off 63 balls against Afghanistan.