Here are the current affairs of 6 October 2023.
Sarakka Central Tribal University Approved For Telangana
- On October 4th, the Union Cabinet approved the establishment of a tribal university in Telangana, named The Sarakka Central Tribal University.
- This university will be located in Mulugu district with a budget of Rs 889 crore.
- The initiative was a commitment made by the Central government as a part of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.
Burevestnik Missile: Russia’s Nuclear Missiles Can Now Reach Targets In US
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the successful testing of a new nuclear-powered missile called “Burevestnik”.
- The missile has a theoretical range of up to 20,000 kilometers, making it capable of striking targets in the United States.
Russia Delivers Uranium For Bangladesh’s Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant
- Bangladesh received its first shipment of uranium from Russia for its Rooppur nuclear power plant.
- The plant will generate 2,400 megawatts of electricity when fully operational.
Madhya Pradesh To Provide 35% Reservation For Women In Govt. Jobs
- The Madhya Pradesh government has announced a policy to reserve 35% of all state government job positions for women.
- This comes just ahead of the upcoming state assembly elections.
Arunachal Pradesh’s Yak Churpi’ Receives GI Tag
- Churpi, a traditional cheese made from yak milk, has received the prestigious Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
RBI Reveals Its Fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy on October 6.
- The central bank decided to maintain the repo rate at 6.50% and adopted a stance of 'withdrawal of accommodation.'
India's Services PMI Soars To 61 In September
- The services sector in India experienced a significant boost in September, reaching a 13-year high.
- The Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) climbed to 61, up from 60.1 in August.
SBI Introduces 'Mobile Handheld Device' To Drive Financial Inclusion
- The State Bank of India (SBI) introduced a 'Mobile Handheld Device' for its Financial Inclusion customers.
- This device will initially provide five core banking services: Cash withdrawal, Cash deposit, Fund transfer, Balance inquiry, and Mini statement.
RBI Forms External Working Group On Expected Credit Loss Framework
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) formed an external working group to address the expected credit loss framework for loan loss provisioning.
Dilip Nongmaithem Receives Bal Sahitya Puraskar In Manipuri Language
- The Sahitya Akademi awarded Dilip Nongmaithem with the prestigious 'Bal Sahitya Puraskar' for the year 2023.
- The award recognizes his remarkable work titled "Ibemma Amasung Ngabemma."
Asian Games 2023: Indian Archers Win Gold
- India's men's compound team of Abhishek Verma, Ojas Deotale, and Prathamesh Jawkar secured another archery gold medal at the Asian Games 2023.
Asian Games 2023: Dipika Pallikal, Harinder Pal Sandhu Clinch Gold In Squash Mixed
- India's Dipika Pallikal and Harinder Pal Sandhu won the gold medal in the mixed doubles squash tournament at the Asian Games 2023.
Science and Technology News
Nokia Opens 6G Lab Facility In Bengaluru
- Telecom giant Nokia has established a state-of-the-art 6G lab at the company’s global R&D center in Bengaluru, India.
- The lab aims to accelerate the development of fundamental technologies and innovative use cases that will shape the future of wireless communication.
Veteran Communist Party Leader Anathalavattom Anandan Passed Away
- Anathalavattom Anandan, a veteran CPI(M) leader and former legislator, passed away at the age of 86.
- He was a key figure in building the trade union base for the party in the state of Kerala.