Here are the current affairs of 11 October 2023.
Sheikh Hasina Unveils Largest Project Built With Chinese Aid
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the 82-km Padma Bridge Rail Link.
- The project is the largest infrastructure project in Bangladesh financed under Chinese preferential loans.
- The Exim Bank of China provided a loan of Tk 21,036.70 crore.
- The project is expected to benefit 80 million people and could potentially boost Bangladesh’s economic growth by 1.5%.
India’s Net Direct Tax Collections Surge
- India's net direct tax collections increased by 21.8%, amounting to ₹9.57 lakh crore by October 9.
- The surge has exceeded over half of the annual Budget estimates.
- Personal income tax collections rose by 32.5%, and corporate taxes increased by 12.4%.
IMF Raises India’s FY24 GDP Growth Forecast
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) raised India’s economic growth forecast for the fiscal year 2023-24 to 6.3%.
- The growth projection was increased due to stronger-than-expected consumption during April-June.
Ranks and Reports News
Mukesh Ambani Surpasses Gautam Adani As India’s Richest
- Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries, is now the richest Indian with a wealth of Rs 8.08 lakh crore.
- Cyrus Poonawalla, the Managing Director and Chairman of Serum Institute of India (SII), retained his position as the third wealthiest individual in India.
Bridgestone Partners With Tata Power To Install EV Chargers
- Bridgestone India collaborated with Tata Power to promote electric mobility.
- Tata Power will install high-capacity DC fast chargers at Bridgestone dealerships across India.
Important Days News
International Day Of The Girl Child 2023
- Observed every year on October 11, the International Day of the Girl aims to raise awareness about gender inequality.
- The theme for 2023 is “Invest in Girls’ Rights: Our Leadership, Our Well-being.”
Iran’s Shadloui Becomes Costliest Player In Pro Kabaddi League Auction
- Iranian Mohammadreza Shadloui Chiyaneh became the most expensive overseas player in the Pro Kabaddi League auction.
- He was bought by Puneri Paltan for Rs 2.35 crore.