Blog Article: A Comprehensive Overview of Current Affairs - 16th November 2023
Staying informed about the latest happenings around the world is crucial in our fast-paced environment. This article provides a detailed overview of the significant current affairs from various sectors on 16th November 2023. From national news to international summits, and from environmental concerns to sports achievements, we cover it all. Let’s dive into the details.
- FATF On-Site Review In India:
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) initiated an on-site review in India to evaluate the country's frameworks against money laundering and terrorist financing.
- The assessment report is expected to be discussed in the June 2024 FATF plenary.
- RBI's Directive to Bajaj Finance:
- The Reserve Bank of India instructed Bajaj Finance to stop loan sanctions under ‘eCOM’ and ‘Insta EMI Card’ products due to non-compliance with Digital Lending Guidelines.
- IndusInd Bank's New Milestone:
- IndusInd Bank became the first to operate as a ‘Financial Information Provider’ under RBI’s Account Aggregator Framework, enhancing customer experience in financial services.
- GAIL's LNG Transfer Achievement:
- Gas Authority of India Limited successfully conducted the world’s first ship-to-ship liquefied natural gas (LNG) transfer, marking a significant milestone in the energy sector.
- International Day For Tolerance 2023:
- The theme for 2023 is “Tolerance: A Path to Peace and Reconciliation,” focusing on promoting tolerance for peace and inclusivity.
- World Philosophy Day 2023:
- Celebrated with the theme “Philosophical Reflection in a Multicultural World,” emphasizing the role of philosophy in fostering intercultural dialogue.
Summits & Conferences
- Biden And Xi Jinping Summit:
- Key discussions included military conflicts and drug trafficking, with a focus on peace in the Taiwan Strait.
- 9th India International Science Festival:
- Scheduled for January 2024 in Faridabad, aiming to inspire public engagement in science and technology.
Ranks & Reports
- WMO's Climate Warning:
- The World Meteorological Organization reported record-high greenhouse gas concentrations in 2022, highlighting the urgent need for climate action.
- Salman Rushdie's Distinction:
- Awarded the first ‘Lifetime Disturbing the Peace Award’ by the Vaclav Havel Center for his contributions to literature.
- India-US Innovation Pact:
- A memorandum of understanding signed to enhance collaboration in the startup ecosystem and promote innovation in critical and emerging technologies.
- Rohit Sharma's World Cup Record:
- Became the first batsman to hit 50 sixes in World Cup history, surpassing Chris Gayle’s record.
Now take the following current affairs quiz to test your knowledge
Current affairs quiz - 16 November 2023