Welcome to the daily current affairs update for 21 September 2023. Today, we'll be diving into the most significant headlines and news events that have shaped the day. Let's get started!
ECI Ropes In Chacha Chaudhary & Sabu To Educate And Motivate Young Voters
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has collaborated with Pran Comics to launch a comic book titled “Chacha Chaudhary aur Chunavi Dangal.”
- This initiative aims to inspire the youth to participate actively in the democratic process.
- The comic book addresses various aspects of voter awareness, emphasizing the importance of young eligible voters registering and participating in elections.
UK PM Rishi Sunak Delays Ban On New Petrol And Diesel Cars By 5 Years In Net Zero Reset
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced a five-year delay in the proposed ban on petrol and diesel cars, moving the deadline to 2035.
- Despite the delay, the UK remains committed to its Net Zero target by 2050.
Invitation To U.S. President Biden For Republic Day Celebration
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited U.S. President Joe Biden to be the chief guest at India’s Republic Day celebrations in January.
ADB Lowers FY24 GDP Forecast To 6.3%, India Ratings Raises It To 6.2%
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has revised its GDP projection for India for FY24 to 6.3%, while India Ratings has increased its forecast to 6.2%.
Increasing Regular Jobs But Lingering Unemployment Concerns: Report
- A report titled “State of Working India 2023: Social Identities and Labour Market Outcomes” discusses the employment landscape in India, highlighting the dynamics of job creation and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on unemployment rates.
Volvo To End Diesel Car Production By 2024, To Become All-Electric Carmaker
- Volvo Cars announced its plan to stop the production of diesel-powered vehicles by 2024, aiming to transition fully to electric vehicles by 2030.
Important Days News
International Day Of Peace 2023
- The International Day of Peace (IDP) is observed on 21 September every year. The theme for 2023 is “Actions for Peace: Our Ambition for the #GlobalGoals.”
World Alzheimer’s Day 2023
- World Alzheimer’s Day, observed on 21 September, aims to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease. The theme for 2023 is “Never too early, never too late.”
Read this far? Now attempt the following quiz to test your knowledge
Current affairs quiz - 21 September 2023