Keeping up with current affairs is crucial in today's competitive world if you want to secure a government job. Here's a recap of some significant events that took place on 30 August 2023.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: This National Mission for Financial Inclusion completed 9 years of successful implementation on 28th August 2023. It is the world's biggest financial inclusion initiative, introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August 2014.
- B20 Summit India 2023: Held in New Delhi from August 25-27, this official G20 dialogue forum with the global business community was addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The theme was 'R.A.I.S.E', which stands for 'Responsible, Accelerated, Innovative, Sustainable, Equitable'.
- Electrified Flex Fuel Vehicle: Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari, launched the world's first prototype of BS-VI Stage II compliant "Electrified Flex Fuel vehicle", Toyota Innova Hycross.
- Commemorative Coin for NT Rama Rao: The Government of India introduced a Rs.100 silver coin featuring the image of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (N.T. R), a former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and a legendary Indian actor.
- ADB and Fourth Partner Energy Agreement: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement worth Rs 1.2 billion (about USD 14.7 million) with Fourth Partner Energy (4PEL) Private Limited to build and operate a solar photovoltaic power plant in Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
- Infinity Savings Account by Axis Bank: Axis Bank Limited launched the 'Infinity Savings Account', a first-of-its-kind fully digital fixed fee-based savings account with no paperwork or branch visits.
- 46th AGM of Reliance Industries Limited: Mukesh Ambani, Managing Director (MD) and Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), made key announcements during the 46th Annual General Meeting of RIL, including the launch of 'Jio AirFiber', a new Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) internet service for homes and offices.
- India Smart Cities Awards Contest 2022: The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced the winners of the India Smart Cities Award Contest (ISAC) under the Smart Cities Mission (SCM). Indore (Madhya Pradesh) topped the National Smart City Award, followed by Surat (Gujarat) and Agra (Uttar Pradesh).
- FIDC Chairman: Umesh Revankar was appointed as the chairman of the Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC) for a period of 2 years.
- Indigenous SCR Catalysts by BHEL: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) manufactured India's first set of Indigenous Catalysts for Selective Catalyst Reactors (SCR) for limiting oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions.
- F1 Dutch GP: Max Verstappen, the Red Bull driver, won the title at the Formula 1 (F1) Heineken Dutch Grand Prix (GP) held at Circuit Zandvoort, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- National Sports Day: Celebrated annually on 29th August, this day marks the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand, the legendary Indian field hockey player.
- International Day against Nuclear Tests: Observed annually on 29th August, this United Nations (UN) day aims to create awareness about the harmful effects of nuclear weapon tests or other nuclear explosions.
- Online Platform for Panchayati Raj Institutions: Gujarat Chief Minister, Bhupendra Patel, launched a software called the Panchayati Raj Institutions.
Done with the current affairs! Now attempt this quiz based on it and test how much you learned - https://acadlog.com/instatest/daily-current-affairs-quiz-q-a-30-august-2023