Staying updated with current affairs is crucial for anyone who wants to be well-informed, especially for those preparing for competitive exams. The world is ever-changing, and it's important to keep up with significant events, appointments, and happenings. Here is the current affairs for September 30, 2023, in a digestible format.
Dr. Dinesh Dasa Joins UPSC
- Dr. Dinesh Dasa, an eminent scholar with a background in forestry and public service, has taken the oath of office as a Member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- Administered by UPSC Chairman Dr. Manoj Soni, the ceremony marks a significant milestone in Dr. Dasa's career, especially considering his previous role as Chairman of the Gujarat Public Service Commission.
Saugata Gupta Becomes ASCI Chairman
- Saugata Gupta, the Managing Director and CEO of Marico Ltd, has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- His association with ASCI spans several years, including two years on the Board of Governors and four years as a special invitee.
K.N. Shanth Kumar Elected PTI Chairman
- K.N. Shanth Kumar has been elected as the Chairman of the Press Trust of India’s Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- He takes over from Aveek Sarkar, bringing fresh perspectives to PTI, India’s largest and oldest private news agency.
Asian Games 2023: Tennis Gold for India
- Rohan Bopanna and Rutuja Bhosale claimed mixed doubles gold with a win over Chinese Taipei’s Yu-hsiou Hsu and Hao-ching Chan.
- This marks India’s second medal in tennis at the Asian Games, following a silver in men’s doubles by Ramkumar Ramanathan and Saketh Myneni.
International Day of Older Persons
- Observed on October 1st, this day focuses on the invaluable contributions and challenges of senior citizens.
- The theme for 2023 is “Fulfilling the Promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights for Older Persons: Across Generations.”
World Habitat Day
- Observed on the first Monday of October, World Habitat Day emphasizes the right to adequate shelter.
- The theme for 2023 is “Resilient Urban Economies: Cities as Drivers of Growth and Recovery.”
International Day of Non-Violence
- Celebrated on October 2nd, this day marks Mahatma Gandhi's birthday and promotes the philosophy of non-violence.
- Established in 1993, the Non-Violence Project Foundation plays a pivotal role in advancing this cause.
Read this far? Now attempt this quiz to test your knowledge
Current affairs quiz - 30 September 2023