August 24, 2023, marked a day of pivotal developments and announcements that are set to shape the future trajectory of both India and the world. From the launch of a groundbreaking road safety initiative to key economic collaborations, the day was bustling with noteworthy events. Here are all the things that happened in India and Abroad. Read this and don't forget to attempt the current affairs quiz (Link provided below).
Today Current Affairs - 24 August 2023
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches Bharat New Car Assessment Programme: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, along with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, introduced the Bharat New Car Assessment Programme (BNCAP) in New Delhi. This program aims to enhance road safety for M1 category motor vehicles weighing less than 3.5T Gross Vehicle Weight. The BNCAP car test program will commence on 1st October 2023.
- IREDA signed MoU with MNRE; Sets FY24 Revenue Target at Rs 4350 Cr: The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) signed a performance-based Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), setting a revenue target of Rs 4,350 crores for FY 2023-24.
- G20 Pandemic Fund approved USD 25M for Animal Health System in India: The G20 Pandemic Fund has sanctioned USD 25 million for the "Animal Health Security Strengthening in India for Pandemic Preparedness and Response" project.
- UNDP and MDoNER Signed MoU to Accelerate Sustainable Development in Northeast India: The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed a MoU to expedite Sustainable Development Goals in northeastern India.
- NTCA approved Dholpur-Karauli Tiger Reserve of Rajasthan as 54th Tiger Reserve of India: The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) approved the Karauli-Sarmathura-Dholpur sanctuary in Rajasthan as the Dholpur-Karauli Tiger Reserve, making it the 54th Tiger Reserve of India.
- Highlights of 2nd Namaste Vietnam Festival held in 3 cities of Vietnam: The 2nd edition of the Namaste Vietnam Festival took place in three southern cities of Vietnam. The theme was "People unite, warm friendship".
- 20th ASEAN-India Economic Ministers’ Meeting Held in Semarang, Indonesia: The 20th ASEAN-India Economic Ministers’ meeting took place in Semarang, Indonesia, focusing on the review of the ASEAN-India Trade in Goods Agreement (AITIGA).
BANKING & FINANCE
- IFC invests USD 100 million in IIFL HFL to Boost LIG’s Access to Affordable Housing Finance in India: The International Finance Corporation (IFC) invested USD 100 million in IIFL Home Finance Ltd (IIFL HFL) to enhance access to housing finance among economically weaker sections and Low-Income Groups in India.
- Max Life Insurance Introduces Max Life NIFTY Smallcap Quality Index Fund: Max Life Insurance Company Limited introduced the "NIFTY Smallcap Quality Index Fund" in the Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP) segment.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
ICRA Estimates GDP Growth at 8.5% in Q1FY24; Maintains FY24 Forecast at 6%: ICRA Limited projected India's economic growth at 8.5% for the first quarter of FY 2023-24.
Attempt this free quiz now based on these current events!